Thursday, July 06, 2006

The Names Change but the Game Stays the Same

You might notice a subtle name change here at the Viking.
A couple weeks ago, Karen spent 10 days in Europe on business, so I ended up spending some time by myself, which in turn led to a good deal of introspection.
One of the thoughts I had was that I'm spending a lot of time anticipating the person I want to be instead of actually being that person.
I said when I restarted this blog that I think it's important to push yourself beyond your comfort zone in order to make progress.
In that spirit, I went vegan last week. I am confident that veganism is the right thing to do. I want to reduce the amount of suffering and death that is required to support my existance. It is also clearly the right thing to do for the environment and it may hold the keys to saving the majority of the human population that is having trouble scraping by on an overtaxed planet.
In the last week I've been surprised at how little difficulty I've encountered, but I was already cooking and eating a lot of vegan meals before. I'm just more consistent now.

On the topic of change, you may also notice this site is now hosted at Blogspot, as my meager storage allocation at my ISP was getting overrun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home