Tuesday, July 18, 2006

15 Tips for Longer Life


Forbes has published their 15 Tips for Longer Life list.
Here's the cheat sheet:

  1. Sleep 6 to 7 hours a night (no more, no less)

  2. Be Optimistic

  3. Have More Sex

  4. Rescue a Pet from the Pound

  5. Test for Heart Disease (VAP Blood Test)

  6. Be Rich

  7. Stop Smoking

  8. Don't Get Angry

  9. Eat Your Veggies

  10. Marry Well

  11. Exercise

  12. Laugh Frequently

  13. Lose Weight

  14. Manage Stress

  15. Meditate



If you're interested in Life Extension, I suggest checking out Fantastic Voyage by technology pioneer Ray Kurzweil and Terry Grossman, M.D.
Here's the Reference Guide.

2 Comments:

At 3:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've got an issue with number one. I think sleeping more is better for you. No proof of course, just my own personal experience. :)

Scott.

 
At 3:20 PM, Blogger Xander said...

I agree. I'm hoping they publish another study that shows 10 hours of sleep a night is the key to living to 200.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home